The Xiaomi MDT6 has just arisen on TENAA, a certification authority of China which is equivalent to FCC. However, the source did not provide any news or images of the newly certified phone, but still, we can guess it can be the Xiamoi Redmi 5A just on the base of the leaked specifications.
The Redmi 5A, the successor of Redmi 4A, is expected to launch in the coming weeks or months. The MDT6 that surfaced on TENAA definitely gives us a sign of the expected Redmi A5 entry level phone of Xiaomi.
Major Features of the Xiaomi’s phone
According to TENAA, this smartphone will have the following features and speculations:
- 5.5-inch 720 (1280 x 720), weighing 150 grams
- Measurement of 153.3 x 76.3 x 7.31mm
- 2GB of RAM of internal storage
- 16GB of expandable storage which can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card
- Fueled by a quad-core SoC clocked at 1.4GHz
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 or MediaTek’s chipset
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat will come pre-installed layered with Xiaomi’s MIUI 8 skin
- No details about the camera system have been shared by the source
- 3,000mAh battery
- 4G LTE connectivity for both TD-LTE and FDD-LTE
- Color options: Black, Rose Gold, Gold, White, Blue, Red, Pink, Gray, and Silver.
There might be a lot of new things to know about the new unknown phone of Xiaomi but all the specifications hint that it would be Redmi 5A. The launch date of the new phone is still unexplained or unannounced. But we can assume that the phone shall arrive soon.