LinkedIn

Recently, LinkedIn has confirmed that they are planning to build Story feature just like SnapChat, but first, the company is going to launch “Student Voices” for the university student in the US. The feature presents at the LinkedIn home screen and allows students to post short videos to Campus Playlist. The posted videos will automatically be removed from the playlists after a week while it’s still visible on a user’s own profile in the Recent Activity section.

LinkedIn Product manager Isha Patel confirms this news to TechCrunch, “Campus playlists are a new video feature that we’re currently rolling out to college students in the US. As we know, students love to use video to capture moments so we’ve created this new product to help them connect with one another around shared experiences on campus to help create a sense of community.”

The students tap through the school’s own slideshow and can also watch Campus playlists of other universities. The purpose of this feature is to get Students sharing their Academic experiences like Career counseling expo’s, Internships, and Class projects which they want to show to other groups of Student.

read also: TikTok surpassed 6M users and becomes the World’s Most popular app

“It’s a great way for students to build out their profile and have this authentic content that shows who they are and what their academic and professional experiences have been. Having these videos live on their profile can help students grow their network, prepare for life after graduation, and help potential employers learn more about them,” Patel says

When users post to Student stories their University logo will post on the video just like a sticker, Plus LinkedIn will suggest Hashtags #OnCampus according to the user’s profile, Users can also write their own caption in the text box. It seems like LinkedIn just want to attract the next generation and to follow the footsteps of many popular apps.